We all want to be healthy right? But the truth is, so many people (myself included) don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables every day.
September is Fruits and Veggies-More Matters! month. The aim is to help increase the amount of fruits and veggies we eat in order to live a happier healthier life!
Why Do We Need To Eat More Fruits And Veggies?
1) They are high in fiber. Fiber has many health benefits such as, it can help lower cholesterol levels, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and helps prevent and/or relieve constipation. As foods high in fiber are also more filling, so they can also help with weight as you don’t eat as much and still feel satisfied.
2) They are low calories.
3) They can help reduce the risk of other diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and have even been shown to reduce the risk of some cancers.
4) They are a quick, natural snack.
5) They are rich in all kinds of nutrients like potassium, fiber, folate, and vitamins.
6) They are convenient. Fruits and veggies are nutritious in any form, whether they are fresh, or frozen, or even canned.
7) They are just plain yummy!!
The number of servings recommended can vary depending on a few factors like age, gender etc. Check out this chart
to find out how many servings of fruits YOU should be eating per day. And this chart
shows how many vegetable servings you should be eating per day.
Need help incorporating more fruits and veggies into your busy day? Don’t worry, I got you covered!