- Add sliced bananas to your cereal
- Add berries to your yogurt or
- Throw some vegetables to your omelet
- Make them visible! – Keep a fruit bowl on the counter for easy access
- Drink fruit juice. But Remember, label MUST specify 100% fruit juice!!
- Top ice cream with fruit
- Add Vegetables to your pasta
- Use lettuce in place of tortillas and breads. Use lettuce leaves to make tacos, or wrap your cheeseburger in lettuce instead of a bun. (My kids LOVE these Taco Lettuce Wraps from The Taylor House. They are delicious)
- Put veggies on your pizza
- Have meat-less Monday’s- there are all kinds of yummy meat-less recipes on Pinterest.
- Try a new fruit or veggie each week. When you’re doing your shopping, pick up one thing you’ve never tried before.
- Keep individual portions of fruits and veggies in snack bags in the fridge ready to go.- This is my favorite tip, I try to do this every week. There is always small storage bags in my fridge with bell peppers, cucumber, celery and baby carrots. My kids love it.
So now you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Get those servings in everyday to live a happier, healthier life!
Why do you need to eat more fruits and veggies you ask? Well because they’re delicious. But for more reasons check out this post here.
How do you sneak more fruits and veggies into your day? I would love to hear your ideas!